Swimlanes are horizontal separations in your board. For example, it’s useful to separate software releases, divide your tasks in different products, teams or whatever you want.
Board with Swimlanes¶
- You can collapse swimlanes by clicking on the icon on the left
- The default swimlane is always shown at the top
- All projects have a default swimlane.
- If there is more than one swimlane, the board will show all swimlanes.
- You can drag and drop tasks between swimlanes.
To configure swimlanes go to the project configuration page and choose the section Swimlanes.
From there, you can add a new swimlane or rename the default one. You can also disable and change the position of the different swimlanes.
- The default swimlane is always on the top but you can hide it.
- Inactive swimlanes are not shown on the board.
- Removing a swimlane doesn’t remove tasks assigned to it, those tasks will be moved to the default swimlane.