Firstly, check the requirements before going further.
From the archive (stable version)¶
- You must have a web server with PHP installed
- Download the source code and copy the directory
kanboardwhere you want
- Check if the directory
datais writeable by the web server user
- With your browser go to http://yourpersonalserver/kanboard
- The default login and password is admin/admin
- Start using the software
- Don’t forget to change your password!
data folder is used to store:
- Sqlite database:
- Debug file:
debug.log(if debug mode is enabled with the
- Uploaded files:
- Image thumbnails:
People who are using a remote database (Mysql/Postgresql) and a remote object storage (Aws S3 or similar) don’t necessarily need to have a persistent local data folder or to change the permissions for the folder.
From the git repository (development version)¶
git clone https://github.com/kanboard/kanboard.git
- Go to the third step just above
Note: This method will install the current development version, use at your own risk.
- Do not forget to change the default user/password
- Do not allow everybody to access to the directory
datafrom the URL. A
.htaccessfile for Apache and a
web.configfile for IIS is included but other web servers will have to be configured manually.