How can I help?¶
Kanboard is not perfect but there are many ways to help:
- Report bugs
- Add or update translations
- Improve the documentation
- Fix bugs
I want to translate Kanboard¶
Kanboard is translated in many languages. You could improve existing translations or add new ones.
I want to improve the documentation¶
You think something is not clear, there is grammatical errors, typos, anything.
I want to contribute to the code¶
Pull-requests are always welcome. However, to be accepted you have to follow those directives:
- Test your changes! Do not introduce regressions.
- Before doing any large changes, open a new ticket to start a discussion.
- If you want to add a new feature, respect the philosophy behind Kanboard. We focus on simplicity, we don’t want to have a bloated software.
- The same apply for the user interface, simplicity and efficiency.
- Send only one pull-request for each feature or bug fix.
- A smaller pull-request is easier to review and it will be merged faster.
- Make sure the unit tests pass.
- Respect the coding standards.
- Write maintainable code, avoid code duplication, use good practices.
- Avoid introducing new dependencies.